Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mixing


We are in the mixing stage, although mixing with Ross means there is still room to go back and make changes as we go. But I started at last to get a picture of the whole, of how the album will sound. Even though we're mixing there are two incomplete songs. One is 'The Crack in Stairs', a poem by Nuala NĂ­ Dhomhnaill in a translation by Paul Muldoon which I'm really happy that the Irish composer Elaine Agnew has agreed to set to music for me. It's been years since I worked in this genre of music and I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'm also thrilled to be working with the brilliant pianist Isabelle O'Connell who, like me, happens to be a Dubliner living in New York.
The other incomplete song is Theodore Roethke's 'In A Dark Time' which Frank London set to music for me. This still needs the musical talents of Eamon O'Leary and Lorin Sklamberg before it will be ready to add the vocals of a special guest...more on that later.
I was planning on spending a lot of time in Ireland this summer but it will have to be a short trip this year - I need to stay in the city and finish the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment