Sunday, September 2, 2012

Belonging

Certain aspects of making an album can be likened to giving birth. There is a similar groaning that goes on inside when you're getting ready to let go and release into the world that with which you have formed an intimate connection, which has grown inside you, into which you have put so much of yourself. I was reminded of that this past week when, half way through the mix, that kind of feeling accompanied the realization that soon I will once again be sending out into the world these songs, expressing in words and music some captured moments of life experience that held deep meaning for me. It's been a long time coming - I did the first recording sessions in June 2008 - and it is very satisfying to be letting go. There are wonderful musicians and guests on this album and I'm feeling immensely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment