Monday, October 11, 2010

Almost there

Oy. I have been quietly groaning sometimes this past week and the only sound I can compare it with is when I gave birth! And now I'm trying to birth this album and so many elements are so close! The album is all but done except for the final vocal part for Roethke's poem In A Dark Time. I'm sitting here in New York City writing with the rain pouring down in the dark outside, and the thunder and lightning raging overhead. The release gig is at Symphony Space on October 30. Today it is October 11... It takes 12 business days to press a CD...Hanging in there...

On the plus side (and there is so much on the plus side) the Kickstarter project I launched to help complete the album is 85% funded today with 4 days to go. I'm so thrilled and grateful that it has come through in this way and everyone has rallied with incredible support.

Katie Andresen has designed most of the CDs I have released. What great fortune that she and Becky Uberti walked up to me after a gig at the Bottom Line once and asked if they could design for me. That was 17 years ago. She just sent me the designs for Singing the the Dark and its a great feeling of getting ready to let go, grabbing the highlighter to make the final corrections...

No comments:

Post a Comment